iOS 12 allows users to make Memoji, their personal custom Animoji. If you are wondering what Animojis are, well they are small-sized animated figures that copy the users’ expressions in real-time. With the help of TrueDepth camera in iPhone X and iPhone XS, the adorable Animoji critters transform into tiny digital marionettes.
The good news is that users do not have to depend on the stock Animojis such as fox, cat, and poop. Users can make their own customized Memojis from square one. Users can create a digital copy of themselves, or go as creative as they want. Or else, they can simply make a replica of their favorite rock star.
Steps to create a custom Memoji
- Firstly, just unlock your iOS 12 device.
- After that, tap on the Messages application.
- If you wish to test how Memojis are created, just create a message thread and add yourself as its member.
- Now, simply select the message thread that has only you.
- After that, press on the Animoji icon located at the lower portion of the screen.
- Allow the Animoji Panel to appear.
- Now you will find the stock Animojis along with the Memojis that were created.
- There is no upper limit to the number of Memojis a user can make on a device.
- After that, press the plus option to create a new Memoji.
- Now, the Memoji editor screen will open.
- Now, on the first screen, you can pick the skin tone.
- In the following screens, add freckles, create a hairstyle.
- Select the eye shape and color, head shape, skin, etc.
- Below the ear tab, you can also pick from an array of accessories — earrings or studs.
- When you are satisfied with your Memoji, you just have to press the Done button located in the top right edge of the screen.
Steps to edit a Memoji
It is extremely easy to edit Memojis. Therefore, if you want to change the way your Memoji appears, follow these steps:
- Tap on the Messages app to launch it.
- Open any message thread,
- Now, tap on the Animoji icon present in the Messages screen.
- Browse the panel and locate the Memoji you wish to edit.
- After that, just press on the three dots icon located in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Now, select the edit option.
- Now, you can edit the Memoji the same way you created them.
- Tap on different tabs to change the Memoji’s appearance.
- Tap on the Done button to save the changes.
- You may also create duplicated of Memojis. This way you can easily make alternative looks for yourself.
There is no doubt that Memojis are fun. These custom avatars can mirror facial expressions, and users can create their custom Memojis. If you have iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone XR, or iPhone XS Max, then you can try it right now.