If you don’t feel comfortable about the fact that strangers can stalk you on Facebook, then you should take some steps for changing the settings related to your privacy. It will only allow selected people(those who you have added as friends)to view your profile. The unknown people shall not be able to check your profile or messages anymore.
Remember! It is worth noting that it isn’t possible to check who has visited your account, so the step that should be taken by you is that you need to be careful in handling the privacy settings for preventing unknown people from peeking into your account.
The ways of hiding Facebook profile from people
- Firstly, have a look at the upper side of the Facebook profile.
- Then, press the arrow that is facing downward. It shall be towards the right side.
- After that, click on Settings from the pull-down menu.
- Press on the Privacy link. It will be in the left-hand section for opening the Privacy and Tools screen.
- Note that the page comprises in a total of three groups of options for privacy.
- Lastly, do editing to all of them for protecting your privacy.
Who can view my posts?
- Firstly, have a look at the primary category. It will be immediately after the question which is ‘Who can see your posts?’.
- Then, press the Edit option to select who all can view your posts that you are going to post in the future.
- After that, click on Friends for preventing unknown people except for the people that are added as friends from viewing your account.
- Then, have a glimpse at the rest of the options. Avoid using the Public option as it lets all people starting from known to unknown to view your account.
- After that, you can click on Only Me. It will not even let your friends from viewing your posts. Or else you can also prefer choosing a group of friends. For instance, the users on your chat list and the people whom you have recognized as members of your family.
- Next, press on Close for saving the change.
Note: Your future posts shall be only viewed to the group that you have selected until you make any further change to it.
- Firstly, click on Use Activity Log. It will be immediate after ‘Review all your posts and things you’re tagged in.’
- Then, click on Posts You’re Tagged In. You can get it in the left-hand panel.
- After that, look Audience symbol on every post. Generally, it says that the posts can be viewed only by the poster and the friend of the poster.
- Next, look at every post that you would like to make changes in and do untag or else unlike the post if you had liked it earlier.
Press on Limit Past Posts. This will enable you to change the audiences on all of the earlier posts to friends.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.