Attempting to hush your phone when the pre-installed alarm theme blasts at maximum volume is not a good way to rise and shine every day. However, a majority of people are quite accustomed to being woken up this way. Fortunately, a couple of months ago, a new update was rolled out which now enables users to rise and shine to their favorite songs on Spotify with the Google’s Clock application.
Waking up to the songs of Avicii or Coldplay is way better than waking to the stock alarm ringtones. Therefore, without any added delay, let’s check out the process for changing the Google Clock’s alarm tone to a Spotify song or playlist.
Before getting started, you need to ensure that your device has both the Google Clock app, as well as Spotify. Also, check whether these apps are up to date.
Setting up Spotify Music as the alarm in Google Clock
- Launch the Google App by tapping on it.
- Now, tap on the Alarm tab.
- Now, touch on the bell icon.
- Move over to the Spotify page,
- Now you can select which Spotify song you wish to set up as your alarm tone.
- Scroll the page, and you will notice five playlists that you heard most recently. You will also see a bunch of alarm-related playlists containing tunes such as Lazy Mornings, Wake Me Up, Lovely Day, Morning Workout, etc.
- Or else, you can also look up the song, album, singer, bank, or playlist you want by searching for it in Spotify records.
- After finding the song you wish to set as an alarm, simply touch it.
- After that, press the back button located at the upper left-hand corner, and you are good to go.
Now, when your alarm buzzes, you will hear your favorite track. This way, you will wake up feeling a lot nicer.