It is essential to back up all your stored data in your device from time to time. You will be on the safer side if anything happens to your device and can easily access it later on. There are two options to backup your data, either through an external hard drive or online services like Dropbox or iCloud.
If you don’t want to sync your files with Dropbox, you can choose to remove it from your Mac. As the plugins of Dropbox are being used in your device, you can throw it in the Trash. Use the below-given guide to uninstall Dropbox from Mac:
Uninstalling Dropbox through Finder
You can’t remove Dropbox with you usual uninstallation method. Even you can’t delete the synced files easily and delete your Dropbox account. All the synchronized data will be shown when you will sign in to your Dropbox account from website or other computers if you don’t delete it properly. Here are the steps to remove Dropbox from your Mac completely:
1. First and foremost, visit the menu bar and press the icon of Dropbox.
2. Now, click Preference and then Account.
3. You can unlink Dropbox in your Mac from there.
4. It is time now to launch Activity Monitor and later Force Quit the Dropbox app.
5. Open Finder and look out for the sidebar and select Applications.
6. Click on the Dropbox icon and move it towards Trash and throw it over there. This move will remove the files stored inside the local Dropbox folder
7. Clean your Trash.
These steps will let you uninstall Dropbox entirely from your Mac device. Though, caches and logs of files will be still there in your device. You can even use a dedicated tool for this purpose if these steps don’t work out for you. There are plenty of tools available in the market for uninstalling Mac applications completely. Choose the best one that fits your need.
Dropbox is an ideal backup solution for users. But if you want to get rid of Dropbox from your Mac device, this blog is especially for you. You can do it either manually or through a tool.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.